Colin and Jill's Emporium

Some marks on Mason's ware

Can be quite difficult and misleading placing the marks for Mason's. G.M & C.J. Mason started c. 1813 at Lane Delph, Staffordshire and continued until 1829. Then the works became Charles James Mason & Co.. This continued until 1845 when it traded as Charles James Mason until 1848. Charles also worked at Daisy Bank, Longton from 1851 until 1854. The famous crown mark and the "Patent Ironstone China" have been used in one way or another from 1813 to this day. Francis Morley and G. L. Ashworth & Bros. both used some of the marks and/or variations of them.

This is by no means all of the marks that can be found but just our attempt to list as many as we can. We hope to cover "Ashworth" marks soon. If we have made any mistakes in our dating we are sorry. If you know better please tell us so we can rectify our mistakes.

Impressed C 1813-20

Reads "Patent Ironstone China"

G.M & C.J. Mason

Impressed C 1813-20

Reads "Masons Patent Ironstone China"

G.M & C.J. Mason

Impressed C 1813-20

Reads "Masons Patent Ironstone China"

G.M & C.J. Mason
Transfer Printed Blue or Black
C 1820-29
G.M & C.J. Mason
On Blue and White Ware
Printed Name of Each View,
Within a Beaded Border C 1820
G.M & C.J. Mason
Red Enamel Script on Porcelain
C 1820-25
G.M & C.J. Mason
Transfer Printed in Blue C 1825-45

G.M & C.J. Mason

Charles James Mason & Co

Pattern No often underneath

Transfer Printed Blue or Black

C 1829-45

Charles James Mason & Co

Transfer Printed Blue or Black

C 1829-45

Charles James Mason & Co

Improved Ironstone China

C 1840-45

Charles James Mason & Co
!845+
Charles James Mason
Angular Crown c 1845+
Charles James Mason
Angular Crown with Variation C 1845+
Charles James Mason
Angular Crown with Variation C 1845+
Charles James Mason

Early version Crown (1820-29) with ribbon and Mason's above

C1845+

Charles James Mason
     
     
Colin and Jills Emporium ©